Sunday, July 27, 2008

Love Potion #9

Listen! Her name's Adele, and the girl can't hit a wrong note. Pump up the volume, cuz the sound is really soft...




"I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
but I would never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
no doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No there's nothing that I wouldn't do,
to make you feel my love."


Am I just a sap, or is that some awesome shit?

If I'm being honest with myself, in the book of my life I've only felt a love that intense once. And just when you think you're in the clear, a random Youtube video comes along, brings it all back, and makes you cry your way into a sneezing fit (5 in a row!).

Now watch this one too. I've seen this band live a whole bunch, and the singer's voice resonates this richness like whoa. I don't know if it comes across in this video, but it's a good acoustic performace regardless. Smoking Popes - "I Know You Love Me."



You ever wanna make that phone call? "..you're a goddamn liar, I know you love me." Yea. Don't do it though, sometimes just because he loves you doesn't mean he'll ever be willing to say it out loud. RESTRAINING ORDER!

Speaking of restraining orders, I've been watching those around me do some crazy shit lately all in the name of love. Some of these things good, some bad, and some just crazy; taking drastic measures to mend broken hearts, making life altering decisions with complete strangers, telling huge lies in hopes of receiving a sympathetic reaction, acting out to get attention, even breaking laws. And like I said, it's not all bad. Sometimes the craziest stories have the happiest endings.

I don't know, just makes you wonder what's real and what's not. What penetrates its way into your heart and sticks forever, and what can be easily brushed off the surface when it's all over? Maybe some love goes so deep that it can live without its lovers until it knows the timing is right to bring them back together. Maybe two people can share a love so big that it continues to breathe and exist on its own even after the two have gone their separate ways. And maybe it always meets them again because it never died, it was just great enough to live on without them, waiting in the wings of eternity.

It's weird how sometimes our lives are a complete rollercoaster, and other times we're just waiting in line to get on the ride. And still other times, we'd rather just sit back and watch everyone else scream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great blogger!

MBongat said...

Smoking Popes ended with that song at the Belmont Arts & Music Fest not too long ago. It was a good show, Jill got the bass players pick lol.