Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Electric Youth

I think I was in 3rd grade the year Debbie Gibson came out with her own fragrance collection...



Electric Youth. And I was in love. I was even in love with that hot pink coil that shot down the middle of the bottle.

These days I've acquired a more sophisticated palate for scent, and the signature spice of my bouquet is no longer found on the shelves of a CVS or a Walgreen's. But there's nothing like that first spritz of light sugary sweetness that makes a 9 year old want to spray it all over her pillow at night...that way I could even smell it in my naive pixie dust filled dreams of Kirk Cameron.

Designer fragrance and I will probably continue our torrid love affair until I'm an old woman...but this is where it all began. Thanks, Debbie. I wish I still got off for $9.99.

No comments: