Monday, August 4, 2008

Urban Dictionary

I looked up my name on urbandictionary.com (which is not a site to be taken seriously or looked to for accuracy, but still mildly amusing), and here's what I came across -

Lori -

"1). The most wonderful person in the world. Kind, sweet, loving, caring, gentle. Perfect in every way. The one you love for all your life."

I don't know about the most wonderful person in the world, but "The one you love for all your life?" I'll take it. And despite the subtle cynicism in a lot of these posts, I am, in fact, a gentle soul. ;)

"2). Crazy hot girl. Beautiful, smart and funny; Lori possesses attributes absent in 99.9% of women. Truly a lucky find. Plus she rocks."

Alright, I definitely wouldn't call myself "crazy hot." But the rest of that is RIGHT ON POINT. I'm really glad that it's now public information on such a respected forum, and no longer just the opinion of my dog.

"3). The most wonderful drug in the world, better known as Hydrocodone or lortab. Taking the pill may cause a sense of euphoria and well being."

Unfortunately, I've been exposed to my fair share of narcotics, and yet I've never heard of Hydrocodone referred to as a Lortab. But according to this entry in Wikipedia, the information seems to be correct. So that was new to me, thanks Urban Dictionary.

And now we're moving on to the last definition of Lori. Keep in mind that I had a Snickers bar in my hand as I read this...

"4). Fat disgusting hippo, a young adult with unhuman eating habits."

Ooops. How ya like me now, boys? Someone must have been real pissed when they conjured up that one, eh? You win some, you lose some.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

scope it.


http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-odd/20080819/Puerto.Rico.Standing.Wake/

Anonymous said...

Carissa


The best friend you will ever have. A beautiful, witty girl who drives an earth killer and is banned from consuming milkshake beverages. She owns enough handbags, blouses, and perfumes to start a Macy's. Also, your future maid-of-honor.

"Dude, who was that chick with the Coach sunglasses driving the really obnoxious truck?"
"Oh, that was just Carissa."

Lori T. said...

Wtf is an earth killer?? Like a gas guzzler that's bad for the environment? I don't get it.

True that on the handbags though, you have more purses than anyone I know.