1. I'd buy a small place to live in Lisbon, Portugal. I'd spend 3 consecutive months of the year there, just doing whatever my hopeful heart desired. I'd drink bica and eat olives during the day, and at night I'd wander around underneath the moon trying to speak Portuguese to anyone who'd let me. And I can't remember if there are lightening bugs in Portugal, but it would be nice if they were there too.
2. I'd post weird ad's on craigslist and handsomely reward the most thoughtful respondents.
3. I'd pay a psychiatrist to answer me the following questions: a). Why, shrink, why, does my incessant over-thinking always get in the way of all that I could be doing? b). Mr. Freudylicious, if I had such a great Daddy, why am I always in love with some insensitive prick? and c). Dr. Crazypants, am I insanely delusional if, at 27, I still believe that dreams really do come true?
4. I'd get lasik eye surgery. I absolutely loathe getting up to take out my contacts at night.
5. I'd walk down Canal St. and purchase every cheap piece of shit that tickled my fancy. Not because I need them or even want them, but because my imagination seems to have more fun while its hands are sifting through fake gold and plastic. Little street treasures urge my thoughts to tiptoe to another place for a minute, and costume jewelry incites a more interesting story than most of the beautiful people I meet.
6. I'd give Paul McCartney a pretty penny to come over to my house and perform "Maybe I'm Amazed." And he'd sing...
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song
You right me when I'm wrong
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you
7. I'd buy this car -

8. I'd hire a film crew to document my life for a year. I'd tell them to edit it however they saw fit, and then I'd sit down with some raisinets and watch the way my life had unfolded through someone else's eyes.
9. I'd find a huge apartment in New York City and lavishly furnish it with things from around the globe. Pretty things, strange things, inexpensive things, priceless things, things that serve no purpose, things that make you think, things that make you feel sexy. Then when people came over they could ponder all the possible back stories as to where I picked this and that piece up or who I met along the way. I would tell them if they asked, but I'd rather they made up their own scenarios..the same way I do on Canal St.
10. I'd buy an ice cream truck and change the music so it bumped dirty sounding house beats that make you shake your culo. And you would too. I'd drive it to the club and hand out free Choco-Tacos to drunk people. And maybe even give some of them a ride home.
*Editor's note - Post inspiration: my gemstone turban wearing partner in crime, eviltart (http://www.myspace.com/eviltart).

4 comments:
i got lasik. but i sho don't have that car. damn.
YOU, little lady, are my inspiration. And therefore I will share my shiny green whip with you.
I've just spent three days furnishing my daughter's apartment in NYC with stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond. Lots of screwing and mounting going on here but all G-rated.
After all that you'd easily have more than $950 million left.
Post a Comment